This initiative is a step towards a cleaner and greener earth. This move is one of the ways to show that we are concerned about the environment. Thus, we request all our customers to join this movement and make it successful by handing over their unusable / irreparable/end of life product (fit for discarding) for recycling.
E-waste has been defined as “waste electrical and electronic equipment, whole or in part or rejects from their manufacturing and repair process, which are intended to be discarded”. While Electrical and electronic equipment has been defined as “equipment which is dependent on electrical currents or electro-magnetic fields to remain functional”, end of life product means when a product is non-operational or non-repairable.
Gome follows the same E-waste policy for any Mobile Phone or accessory which is unusable, irreparable or intended to be discarded.
At Gome Electronics, we believe the chemicals which the Mobile components contain, can adversely affect the atmosphere and hence managing its disposal at the end of its life-cycle in a proper way is important. Apart from affecting the environment, it can also affect the health of the people.
1. Recycling end-of-life products is vital if we are to save resources and minimize waste. Encouraging recycling of useful and valuable material from e-waste can help to conserve the ever depleting natural resources.
2. Disposal of e-waste in a scientific way reduces environmental pollution. The proper disposal of every old product will prevent negative consequences for the environment and human health.
1. Non-Organic Material used in processing of e-waste may get mixed with earth, air, and water to cause health issues.
2. Oil & Gases, present in some e-waste like compressor may cause environmental pollution.
3. Burning of plastic in open area also causes air pollution.
In India, E-Waste (Management) Rules 2016 have been notified by the Central Government under the guidance of Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB). Gome stands committed to implement E-Waste Rules. Gome Electronics has tied-up with the CPCB (Pollution Control Board) authorized e-Waste recycler to facilitate E Waste disposal by our customers after it reaches end-of-life stage. In this process, the customer shall interact directly with us on our toll free number for handling the e-waste products.
Gomeshall work closely with its authorised recycler to channelize all the e-waste for a safe disposal.
– Customers can contact Gome Electronics (Toll Free 1800-419-1090)
– Gome’s authorized recycler may contact you for arranging pickup or you may drop the ‘to be discarded product’ at the nearest collection point.
– List of collection points/service centers.
– Authorized recycler shall inspect the product and compute the residual value of the IT product(s). Your old IT Product will be recycled as per E-Waste disposal guidelines of Govt of India by the Authorized recycler.
a. All electrical products are required to be handed over only to the Authorised recycler for disposal.
b. Keep the product in an isolated area, after it becomes non-functional/irreparable so as to prevent its accidental breakage.
c. The product shall not be dismantled by anyone but anauthorised recycler personnel.
d. The product is not meant for re-sale to any unregistered recycler/scrap dealer/kabariwalahs.
e. The product should not be disposed with household waste.
f. Do not keep any replaced spare part(s) from the product in exposed area.
How to identify that an e-waste product
Any electrical part/product/accessories having wires / PCB in an unusable or irreparable condition.
g. Recycling helps salvage useful material from e-waste which goes a long way in conserving the depleting natural resources.
h. Scientific disposal of e-waste also reduces environmental pollution.
i. Any disposal through unauthorised agency/person will attract action under Environment (Protection) Act 1986, resulting in imprisonment of upto 5 years or a fine of uptoRs. 1 Lac or both.
i. Toxic material present in e-waste get mixed with earth, air, water, etc., causing health issues.
ii. Oil & Gases, present in some e-waste like compressor may cause environmental pollution.
iii. Burning of Plastic in open area causes air pollution.
A Product should not be dismantled or thrown in municipal waste. It should be packed and handed over to an authorized re-cycler.
Our products are safe for human beings to use. However, in case of dismantling by untrained Personnel, the products could cause serious damage to the environment or human being (directly or indirectly). Sharp edges of metal items could cause damage to the body.
Unauthorized dealers (Kabadiwala) lack scientific tools or procedures to recycle e-waste products and are not authorized by the Central Pollution Control Board. If any e-waste is dismantled in an open area, harmful gases from it may pollute the environment. Hazardous residual parts may be thrown in landfills/burned in open, polluting land, water and air.
To locate the nearest service centre for disposal of your appliance, please call at the Toll Free No. 1800-419-1090.